Matters of the Heart
Every Sunday night we have cultural worship, a time in which songs, scripture reading, preaching, worship styles, seating arrangements, clothing, etc. are done in languages and styles that reflect different parts of the world. Tonight we had European worship, which included two songs sung in Russian. There was something about singing and even just hearing the words, though I had never heard those particular songs in Russian before, that really pulled at my heart. So great is the heart that God has given me for the people of Ukraine with whom I've worked that even the Russian language touches me deep in my soul, filling me with both a joy and longing I don't know how to describe. Yet God has not called me to Ukraine but to Uganda, and though He has been working to create in me a heart for the people of Uganda, that heart is still far from the one He has given me for the Ukrainians. I ask that you join me in praying that God would fill me with the same love for the people of Uganda as He has for the people of Ukraine.

3 Comments:
Hey Spence! Just wanted to let you know your pics on here are stinkin ah-mazing! Those from DC look completely professional. And yes, you can trust that I'm being completely for rizzle :-) Later!
S. Dobbs
I will be remembering this for you Spencer. I am sure it is hard to understand why God has given you such a heart for the people of Ukraine yet He has called you for this season to go to Uganda. But (as you know) God is completely sovereign and has a purpose in bringing you here, maybe one day He will make that more clear to you.
You know there are a lot of days that I don't LOVE the Ugandan people! But I have found that my love is unfortunately often a 'feeling' unlike Christ's love for us. This quote is hanging on my bathroom mirror..."Faith is remembering that everything in the kingdom of God is based on promise NOT on feelings." I am constantly reminding myself of this.
So don't worry...the One who has called you is faithful! He's given you a special heart for Ukrainians for a reason, and even if you don't feel the same love for Ugandans...Jesus does...rest in Him.
Okay, it's official, I'm a putz. I just now actually read what you wrote there and that's a pretty deep topic...then you get a post from me just going on about pictures and such. Sorry about that. I completely understand the concept of your heart being one place yet travelling to another. Later...
Steph
Post a Comment
<< Home