Amazed By Lesser Things
I was sitting at home tonight when I heard some explosions outside, and as the sound of something exploding generally draws one's attention I went to the window to find fireworks being launched from the vicinity of the new mall. I sat there, mesmerized by the beauty of all colors of light exploding across the night sky, and wondered if there would be fireworks in heaven, or perhaps some perfect form of fireworks beyond what we could imagine. I came to realize, however, that in the presence of God's glory we'll probably wonder how we were ever so amazed by such a thing as fireworks, much like a man who has spent his whole life swimming in muddy puddles would feel upon first seeing the sea.

1 Comments:
So true! Hope you're having a good time at home. I'm in Atlanta until Friday. We go for our visas in the am!
Post a Comment
<< Home